There is nothing more satisfying than coming home after a hard day of work and enjoying a delicious cocktail that can help you relax and forget about all the problems that you have at your job. Furthermore, you don’t have to be on an exotic island to offer yourself a tasty treat, especially when there are so may easy recipes to inspire from. Therefore, we suggest you to use one of these delicious rum drinks recipes that we have prepared for you.
This is a refreshing drink that can work miracles for people who live in areas with hot weather. Still, although it is very popular in Cuba and Miami, this cocktail has fans all over the world, and it is consumed all year long. Here are the ingredients that you have to use to prepare one of the easiest rum drinks recipes: 4 leaves of mint, 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar, 2 ounces of freshly squeezed lime juice, 2 ounces of rum, a splash of soda water, ice and lime wedges for garnish.
What to do:
- Add the mint leaves, lime juice and sugar in a glass, and stir well to slightly break the mint leaves.
- After adding the ice, you need to pour in the rum and a splash of soda water.
- Finish by garnishing with the lime wedges.
Frozen Piña Colada
Although you might not believe this, the Piña Colada started to gain popularity in 1979, due to the Rupert Holmes’ hit, “Escape (The Piña Colada Song)”. This special drink was invented by Ramon Marrero Perez in Puerto Rico, 1954, with the goal to combine all tropical favors in one glass. In order to make a frozen Piña Colada you have to use: 6 ounces of pineapple juice, 2 ounces of white rum, 1 1/2 ounces of coconut cream, 1 ounce of heavy cream, ice, and maraschino cherry and pineapple wedges for garnish.
What to do:
- Mix all the above ingredients with 2 cups of ice until they become smooth and nice.
- Since this is one of the rum drinks recipes that requires a special glass, you have to pour the mix into a hurricane glass.
- Use the pineapple and cherry wedges to garnish the glass.
Havana Daiquiri is a drink that has an iconic taste, which is why it is used so often. Here is what you’ll need to make your own delicious cocktail: 1 ounce of freshly squeezed lime juice, 2 of ounces rum, and 3/4 ounces of simple syrup.
What to do:
- All you have to do is combine all the ingredients with ice and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- Pour the mix into a chilled glass, and garnish with a lime wedge.