Are you aware of the fact that the Environmental Protection Agency has declared that indoor air quality is one of the greatest health hazards? This is something that you cannot afford to dismiss. It’s a very serious problem that is happening right now. You would think that America is protected from this problem, but in fact, there are thousands of people dying from the chemicals in the air. We are no longer safe and you need to protect yourself and those you love.
If you’re looking for methods to relieve your allergy symptoms, you should first understand what chemicals are in the air your breathe. These are the most dangerous and most common pollutants in the air you breathe right now:
- Carbon monoxide;
- Volatile organic compounds.
This is found in bundles of durable fiber that are fire, heat, and chemical-resistant as they don’t conduct electricity. You are exposed to asbestos in your home, office, or in the community. Whilst the fibers are not dangerous when you disturb them they will release asbestos in the air. The fibers become trapped in the lungs where they scar and cause inflammation. All forms of asbestos pose a risk to human health. It has immediate effects and long-term effects.
If you haven’t experienced allergy symptoms but suddenly you feel under the weather for no reason, it might mean that you are exposed to asbestos. Sometimes you may know and sometimes you don’t. Some of the symptoms are:
- Wheezing and shortness of breath;
- Loss of appetite;
- Fatigue and tightness in the chess.
If you believe that you live in a building that contains asbestos, you need to purchase an air purifier. It will help you to breathe clean air and keep your loved one safe. The best filterless air purifier works by absorbing the airborne particles and pollutants to leave you with clean air to breathe, so it does more than just tackle the asbestos issue as it basically eliminates any health threat lingering in the air you breathe. If left unchecked, the long-term effects of asbestos pollution are:
- Blood in lungs;
- Lung cancer;
Volatile Organic Compounds
VOCs are found in many products that you use daily. They are found in petroleum-based products, solvents, cleaners, and degreasers. The largest sources of VOCs include fuels like gasoline, diesel, heating oil, and kerosene. As well as, chlorinated solvents that you use for cleaning. In fact, you can even find it in the cologne that you spray every morning.
It’s very easy to remove them from your home. When you’re cleaning, you have to read the label and inform yourself about what chemicals the cleaning product contains. You should also try the organic cleaning products as they clean just as good as the chemical-filled cleaning products. Some of the effects are:
- Allergic skin reactions;
- Eye, nose, and throat discomfort;
- Headaches and dizziness.
The VOC vapors can be hazardous and dangerous. They accumulate in concentrations and they attack your organs. Even if you have a good immune system you are put in peril, and VOCs present a great danger for babies, so you mustn’t leave this issue unresolved. Numerous people are currently suffering from cancers and neurological diseases due to long-term exposure to VOCs. Other repercussions of VOC exposure include:
- Liver and kidney damage;
- Constant nausea;
- Constant coughing.
This naturally-occurring element can be found in air, soil, and water. Moreover, it can be found in plumbing, ceramics, and cosmetics. The lead particles can potentially become airborne, which means that it’s very likely for you to breathe them in. Once it reaches inside of your lungs, your body will react negatively. This is why it’s essential for you to consider using an air purification system that relieves the air of the health-threatening contaminant.
Once you inhale it, lead is carried throughout your body via the bloodstream and it’s stored in your bones. The more lead is stored, the more damages can happen. Some of these repercussions include:
- Shortness of breath;
It’s important to note that children under the age of six are the most vulnerable, even if exposed to small amounts. The nervous system, kidney function, immune system, and reproductive systems can be damaged in adults. In children, lead poisoning will:
- Lower IQ and hyperactivity;
- Cause behavioral and learning problems;
- Slow growth.
Perils are all around us when it comes to impurities in the air that we breathe and without proper safety measures set in place, we expose ourselves to respiratory system problems and other health issues each day. While you cannot change the world for the better when it comes to pollution right in this instant, what you can do is make your own home, office, and other places you frequent a safe habitat for you, combating air pollution before it does irreparable damage.