For most homeowners cleaning the pool represents a hassle, because let’s face it, most of us would prefer to sit back, relax and enjoy our free time sitting by the pool, and not having to clean it on a daily basis. The best solution to clean the pool quickly is by using a robotic pool cleaner. However, robotic pool cleaners, as other types of pool cleaners come with some advantages and drawbacks.
Advantages of using a robotic pool cleaner
- Highly effective at removing all types of debris: The main advantage of using a robotic pool cleaner to clean your swimming pool and not other type of cleaning tool is the fact that it’s very convenient and easy to use. These devices are very compact and small in size but they are very efficient at picking up large debris and small debris, such as dirt or other particles from your pool water.
- Cleaning abilities: There are many robotic pool cleaners available on the market that can do many things at the same time. Although it can be more expensive, a Dolphin robotic pool cleaner can scrub the floor, it can filter water, pick up debris and navigate by itself, without you controlling it.
- Eco-friendly solution: These small robotic devices offer many environmental benefits. What’s important to mention here is the fact that robotic pool cleaners are independent of the pool’s main filtration system, meaning that the water is not pumped through the piping. Instead, the water is filtered in the pool. This way you manage to save power and water as well.
Disadvantages of using a robotic pool cleaner
- Limited movement: One of the main drawbacks of owning a robotic pool cleaners is the fact that it doesn’t come with a wide range of movement. The movement is actually limited by the length of the electrical cord. So, if you have a large residential pool, make sure to check this vital aspect as well.
- Maintenance work: Robotic pool cleaners don’t generally require a lot of maintenance work, because these devices are very durable but it’s often needed to clean the filter and built-in pump as much as possible if you want to use them at high capacity.
- High costs: Compared to other types of pool cleaners, robotic pool cleaners are generally very expensive. Although you can find inexpensive models at under $250, if you want to get great results, you should consider the best robotic pool cleaner, which can cost over $500 or $600.