How can you know which robotic lawn mower is the best? Simple, by making a comparison between the top rated models available on the market. We have selected the top 3 robotic lawn mowers that boast the best features and offer similar performance in cutting the lawn, namely the Bosch Indego, Husqvarna Automower 220 AC, and Denna L600. In order to determine which one is the best, we have compared their performance, features, and battery life.
Performance and features
- The Bosch Indego cuts the grass in a parallel line and learns the layout of the yard to make sure no inch of grass remain uncut. The machine uses multiple sensors to detect obstacles and to avoid them while maintaining the pre-set mowing route. It has a cutting width of 10 inches with an adjustable cutting blade up to 2.5 inches. Bosch Indego includes a PIN code lock to prevent kids from using it but it could also prevent you from using it if you forget the code. You can always control this robotic lawn mower through a smartphone or tablet.
- The Husqvarna has a cutting width of 8.7 inches with an adjustable cutting deck up to 2.4 inches. The machine can also avoid obstacles thanks to the sensors it uses to create a cutting path and to detect items in the grass. There is also a PIN code lock on this unit and as with the previous one, you need to remember your code very well. What this device lacks is the option to control it from a distance while using a smart device.
- Denna L600 can cut grass on portions as wide as 10 inches at a maximum height of 2.5 inches and it is powerful enough to run over many obstacles in the grass, given that it doesn’t include sensors that could avoid this. There is no PIN code lock on this unit so you need to be careful so the kids won’t turn it on.
All the robotic lawn mowers run on a battery that offers them enough juice to cut the grass in one or multiple sessions.
- The Bosch Indego lasts around 50 minutes before it needs to get to the charging station so it might require a charge before finishing a large lawn.
- The Husqvarna Automower 220AC takes 45 minutes to recharge given that it’s a nickel battery and not a lithium-ion and offers enough power for another 45 minutes.
- The Denna L600 takes between 2 and 6 hours to charge completely, which is not pleasant if you need multiple charging sessions.