Medicinal plants have been used for centuries and are considered to be as effective as modern medicine. The use of medicinal plants is more preferred because it is more affordable than pharmaceuticals. In what follows, we will present you with the top ten medicinal plants and their uses:
1. One of the best medicinal plants which stimulates the immune system is Ginseng. Other than helping the immune system, it also lowers blood sugar and cholesterol.
2. Echinacea is a plant widely used for strengthening the immune system. Echinacea is used against infections, such as the flu, vaginal infections, streptococcus or even malaria,and it also reduces cold symptoms.
3. Sage has many benefits which include: it cures digestive issues, it fights depression or other mental disorders, and it heals sore throats or ulcers.
4. Chamomile is a medicinal plant which is used mostly in tea or other herbal forms and it can be used externally to treat skin diseases. It can be used as irrigation in baths for inflammation, or internally to treat digestive problems or inflammation diseases.
5. Another plant which is part of our list of ten medicinal plants and their uses is Peppermint. As medicine, the leaf is used for common cold, cough, inflammations or digestive problems such as morning sickness, cramps of the tract and bile ducts, upset stomach. Peppermint oil fights muscle pain, inflammation or joint conditions and it is applied directly to the skin.
6. Aloe Vera has orange flower spikes and thick leaves and it is found near water. The gel from this plan is used to fight skin conditions and cure burns and wounds and the sap of the leaf is used as a strong laxative for digestion problems.
7. Bloodroot is a medicinal plant which lowers high pulse, helps cure asthma, or bronchitis, working as an expectorant. It can also be applied to the skin in order to remove dead tissue. The underground stem is used to make medicine.
8. Tea tree is found mostly in swamps and it is formed of tiny green leaves and wispy white flowers. The oils are used as a popular antiseptic or to stimulate the immune system.
9. Calendula is used against fever, menstrual cramps, ulcers or muscle spasms. It can be applied directly to the skin in order to reduce inflammation or nose bleeds or heal wounds and leg ulcers.
10. The last plant which is a part of 10 medicinal plants and their uses is the lemon balm. The leaves are used for digestive problems, such as upset stomach and intestinal gas, but also for treating toothaches or mental disorders.