The way we dress and the way we accessorize our outfits can express our individual style and personality, and it can let people know what type of persons we are. Therefore, we shouldn’t copy everything we see on TV, because there are many tricks that we can use in order to obtain an original look. The best way to stand out from the crowd is to opt for making our own accessories, so here are some unique handmade women’s jewelry ideas that will help you achieve a great appearance.
Bobby pin earrings
Although lots of imagination is required when it comes to creating unique handmade jewelry, making these bobby pin earrings has never been simpler. Besides making you look very attractive, these earrings can also be very practical when you want to hold your hair back, and you don’t have any other pin around. So, you will need craft wire, bobby pins, earring hooks and nail polish of different colors. Here are the steps that you need to take in order to finish your project:
- Start by pinning the bobby pins on a cardboard to keep them straight, and paint them in your favorite colors.
- Let the nail polish dry and prepare the wire.
- You have to cut 2 stripes of wire and wrap them around each other and then, take the painted pins off the cardboard and slip them on the wire.
- Next, you have to shape your wire in order to offer it a nice form, and attach it to the earring hook.
- Eliminate the excess and repeat the same steps for making the second earring.
Polymer clay bead necklace
This is one of the unique handmade jewelry ideas that it is impossible to mess up. Therefore, it is very recommended to beginners who are intimidated by more complex handmade women’s jewelry projects. The only supplies that you’ll have to use are polymer clay, toothpick and waxed cotton cord, and here are the directions:
- Begin by processing the clay with your hands until it becomes pliable and soft.
- Continue by taking a small amount of clay and rolling out a little bead with the palm of your hand. You can make the clay balls as small or large as you want.
- Using the toothpick, poke a hole in each bead’s center, but make sure that you wear latex gloves, because that will prevent leaving fingerprints on a soft clay.
- Next, you have to put the beads in a baking tray, and bake for about 25 minutes. However, you should read the clay directions in order to find out at what temperature to bake them.
- The last thing that you need to do is string the beads onto the cord. Depending on your preferences, you can place the beads on one strand, or you can layer a multitude of necklaces.